Tuesday, September 14, 2004

It's a good day...cloudy but good!

Well, Kent is back at work after having 9 days off.  I know it must have been hard for him to go back.  But he only should have to go for 9 more weeks and then he will be off for two weeks for when the baby comes!  YAY!  So, for the first time in a little over a week, I sit here in silence.  No TV, no Play Station, no A/C, just silence.  Ahhhhh....so peaceful!  So anyway, it's still cloudy.  I guess it will be that way for some time.  Ivan is still scheduled to come to my house sometime this week.  Although he is coming uninvited.  I just hope he is gone before my baby shower this Saturday. nbc13.com - Home  <---Here is a link for my local news station.  Yesterday our Gov. declared a state of emergency for the state of Alabama.  Mainly forcusing on the coastal communities.  Thankfully, where I live is more central Alabama.  They say by the time the hurricane gets here in central Alabama it will be a tropical storm, but that is still pretty powerful to be over land.  Anyway, we'll see how it goes!

Today I went to the doctor's.  Kent's granny went with me.  The appointment went just fine.  He had my dates wrong and was trying to tell me I was 29 weeks pregnant.  But we got it fixed.  He has my due date as November 22.  But I still say Nov. 17.  My stomach was measuring at 29 weeks though.  But everything checked out fine.  I passed my glucose testing and my iron was even doing a bit better.  He said it was on the low end of normal.  But I'll take what I can get!  And the best news of all......I'M GOING EVERY 2 WEEKS NOW!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!  I was so happy to hear those words!!!!  :::Doing a happy dance::::  I gained 3 pounds (UGH).  So that makes me so far have a grand total of 21 pounds that I have gained.  I only wanted to gain 22 my whole pregnancy.  Doesn't look like that is going to happen.  Oh well!  After the doctor's appointment, Granny and myself went to JCPenny's to look at baby stuff.  They were having a really good sale!  Kent's granny bought me a stroller and the baby's bedding!!!!  She probably spent like $150!!!  I was like woah!  The stroller was $79.99 but we got it for $39.99!  I couldn't believe it!  And the bedding was $99.00 but we got it for $79.00!  They were really having a good sale! --->here is the bedding that we got...JCPenney : children's : bedding : nursery bedding  We think anyways...lol.  That lady that was checking us out didn't know what all she was doing I don't think.  Anyway, we had to order the bedding.  So, it should be here sometime in the next week or so.  After shopping we came home.  Now, I am thinking about going to Wally World and picking up some candles and extra batteries just in case Ivan throws our power off.  But I may wait until Kent gets home.  We'll see!  Anyway, I'll talk with yall later!!!  BYE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. So sorry to hear that Ivan is gonna hit you! I know that it will probably only be a tropical storm when it comes, but even those aren't fun. So be careful! :)
Katie