Monday, September 6, 2004

Packing...Packing...Packing...

Did I mention packing???  Whew!  Who knew packing was such a workout!?!?!  I guess it is when you are pregnant!  I am TIRED!  I have packed 90% of our clothes.  I still have a few that are in the dryer and once they are done I will finish packing all the clothes.  I have started packing the bathroom supplies.  Since I am using traveling bottles of shampoo, conditioner, bath wash, etc. I can go ahead and pack those.  But there is still a lot of stuff that I won't be able to pack until the last minute...toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, etc.  I'm hoping I don't forget something...  Kent has been fooling around with the car most of today and making CDs for us to listen to as we go down.  He is currently outside cleaning the car.  The weather is starting to look good for the FL vacation.  But the weather here is starting to get bad.  A lot of winds today and rain.  The storm is moving this way...  So even though it will be gone from PC when we get there, we still have to drive through it on our way down there.  This is the forcast for the PC area...AOL Weather - Panama City, FL  Not too bad.  The three *full* days that we will be down there, it will be sunny.  So, that is good.  Hopefully, the weather will continue to be nice.  For those of you who don't know, this is where we are staying...Edgewater Beach Resort.  Lagoon Pool

Gulf Front Towers

Pretty nice!  The pool is 11,000 square feet.  We are staying in a 3 bedroom, 3 bath room.  We got a really great deal!  We are renting from an owner instead of from the actual resort.  So instead of paying $350 a night we are only paying $150!  In about a hour and a half we are going to be cooking out with Kent's family.  We are BBQing.  It should be fun, but I still have a lot of stuff to do.  So, I better get going.  This may or maynot be my last entry, but if it is...I'll talk to yall either Saturday or Sunday!  Byeeeee!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you realize that over 57 counties in the state of Florida are without power?  There is no food, water or gas for their vehicles.  Traffic is backed up for miles and miles.  I don't mean to be a downer but I really don't think you should be going there for a vacation when so many people are suffering so much.

Anonymous said...

What??? There are people all over this country that go to bed hungry EVERY night...don't you still eat? If you were trying not to be a "downer' you failed...terribly....

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time as this will be your last vacation before your lil guy is welcomed into this new world.
((hugs))
~Dana

Anonymous said...

WOW!  My FIRST negative comment!  It only took a year for it to happen!!!  Well, let me say this.  I know many people are without power in Florida and they have been in my prayers every day and night to be kept safe.  I just don't believe that I should stop my vacation to the beach (where the hurricane DIDN'T hit) just because other's in that same state are without power.  This will be the last vacation my husband and I will be able to take before our son gets here in November.  I believe we deserve this chance to get away before our lives get hectic.  I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do!  Maybe if you feel so strongly about it, you can go to Florida and help in the relief efforts!!!  But anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my journal and leave a comment!!*~*Emily

Anonymous said...

Have fun and be safe!!!

~Heather

Anonymous said...

I apologize to everyone who read the comment that was posted first to this entry.  My idiotic husband made the comment and his head has become permanently attached to a rather pretty silver platter.  I am so sorry everyone for his negative and very rude comments.  Death threats and nasty notes can be sent to:
http://journals.aol.com/cameronsmom0376/LifesImpossibilities

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun Emily. My uncle used to live in Panama City, FL. I haven't been down there since 1976. He recently got a job for Boeing and is training in England, going to be living in St Louis. No more Florida trips for us...well unless we visit family near the Orlando area LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow. Have a good time!!! Sounds like the weather will be good and wow what a big pool!!!! Take care of yourself!

Smiles!
Vincci