Thursday, September 30, 2004

*~*Subject Unknown*~*

So...busy, busy day for me I guess you could say.  I was sooo tired this morning that usually when I wake up I'll go ahead and get up.  But my body was just so tired, so I just laid there until Kent woke up.  We got up and had breakfast.  We watched a little TV here and there.  I told Kent that I wanted to put out the fall decorations today and go to Wally World and pick up some mums to go on the front porch with my other fall decorations.  So, we went and got out all the fall decorations that we had.  I waited to go to Wal-Mart after Kent left for work.  In the mean time, I went over to Granny's and walked on the treadmill for about 35 minutes.  I walked 1.65 miles, burned 209 calories, and 65 fat calories.  I was TIRED when I got done.  So after that I came home and took a shower and cooked lunch for Kent and myself.  We had chicken tenders and fries.  After lunch Kent got ready for work and I got ready to go to Wally World.  I went to Winn-Dixie first because Kent was out of drinks.  They had EVERY other drink you could possibly think of.....EXCEPT his.  They didn't have the canned or the 2 litters!  I was like no way.  So, I just picked him up another brand and was done with it.  I then went to Wally...and don't even GET me STARTED!  UGH!  So here is the deal...  We have a gift card that we got at one of my baby showers.  It's for $40.  Well, the OTHER day we went to Wally to get some baby items.  The card wouldn't work.  So, we just used our debit card and said that the next time we went to Wally for "whatever items" we would just use the gift card.  I even called the number on the card to make sure there really was a balance on the card and there was.  So...I go today to pick up some mums and fall decorations, milk, thank you cards and so on...  Well, I am in the garden department checking out.  I handed the lady the card and while she was swiping it, I told her the problem with the card.  I told her that if it wouldn't work, then I would just use my debit card and when I had more time I would come back and go to customer service and get it straightened out.  Well, she tries and tries and tries.  I could tell that "other people" behind me were getting a little frustrated so I told the woman I would just use my debit card.  Well, she kept swiping.  Then out of the BLUE this guy in the back of the lane says and I quote, "You have already TRIED to swipe it SIX times now...it's not going to work."  I just look at him like, "I know you aren't talking to me."  So, I tell the lady in a LOUD voice..."I'll just use my debit card since SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE IN HURRY!"  Then the guy starts yelling at the manager who by that time was there...he says "you would think on RACE WEEKEND you would have more than ONE register open in the garden department."  The manager says, "Sir, we do have more than one cashier..but she is on her lunch break...we do have to let them eat."  I casted a dirty look his way and said, "that's why I couldn't work with the public."  I apologized to the two ladies working there, but they both told me it wasn't a problem.  At first I thought it was funny...then the more I thought about it the more it made me mad.  I started getting madder and madder.  And I wasn't mad that the guy even said anything to me...it was the fact that I didn't say anything to him to really defend myself.  I was just ticked off by the time I got in my car.  I even called Kent and told him how upset it made me.  So...anyways....after that I went to the ATM and then home.  Once home I unloaded my car and put up all the fall decorations.  That was my day!  Pretty busy.  Now, I am washing clothes and just trying to relax as much as possible.  I know here lately I have been "over doing it" and I really just need to slow down.  But I hate to just do nothing.  I feel lazy and useless if I don't atleast do SOMETHING.  Hopefully, I will talk myself in relaxing more...I'll let you know how it goes...lol.  I'll talk with yall later!!!

UPDATE:  I finally got my picture thing working...hope they show up!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the pictures?  You should not let race people get to you.  He had probably been in the sun all day his grey matter was probably close to being pickled by the alcohol and sun.  That is why I am swearing off Wal Mart until sometime Monday and pray the sun stays out and rain does not dampen the party at the track.  Come in, go home.  QUOICKLY!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Are my pictures not showing up???  They are for me.  Ummm...I've been having picture troubles here lately....