Saturday, November 13, 2004

Ho-Hum

Frustrated just about sums it up for me!  I'm very, VERY frustrated!  Kent I went to bed around 1:30am and I was feeling a bit crampy but nothing that was out of the ordinary.  Well, I kept waking up through the night with contractions.  But as soon as I would wake up I would just fall back to sleep.  Well, after 4:30am I started getting them and they had gotten worse.  I started timing them and they were about 10 minutes apart.  Around 5:30am they were 5-7 minutes apart and HURTING like crazy!  I finally got out of bed around 6:30am and went and laid on the couch.  They were still coming 5-7 minutes apart.  Around 8am I decided to go walk and see if I could get things going better.  I walked for about a mile and came back inside.  The contractions weren't hurting me as badly but there was A LOT of pressure in my "southern regions".  I came in and ate some breakfast and decided to wash some clothes just in case we had to go to the hospital later on.  So, I started doing that.  Well, around 9am I went and laid in the bed and pretty much just passed out because I was just so tired from not getting any sleep and then fighting contractions.  I woke up around 11am to basically no contractions.  I was HIGHLY frustrated and depressed!  I thought FOR SURE that we would ATLEAST be in the hospital tonight having the baby if we hadn't already had him.  *BIG sigh*  I guess there is always tomorrow...or the 17th...or the 22nd.  Kent has gone into work, so hopefully if anything DOES happen I will be able to get to him in time.  I'm going over to my parent's tonight to watch the Auburn vs Georgia football game.  Maybe things will start up again.  I am hoping anyways.  I'll keep yall updated on the progress or the lack there of....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe you do not know me at all, but I rad your journal daily. I too am pregnant, but with my second child. I am 25 and have a 7 year old. I was wondering if you still plan to update daily after the baby comes? I find many people sort of abandon their journal, due to lack of time or energy , I am unsure.  :-)

Anonymous said...

This is Emily's Moma.  Jon Kent was born today, 11/15 at 5:03.  He weighed 5 pounds 8 ounces.  He was 19 1/2 inches long.  Mother and baby and even Daddy is doing fine.  She is in room 321 at St Vincents Hospital.  Any questions, just email me and I will try to give you some answers.  candysue72@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Emily!  I posted your Mama's message on the Due in November Message Board so that everybody would know that Jon Kent is here! :)

Anonymous said...

I knew if you were not posting something must have happened!
He sounds perfect, can't wait to see pictures and hear your birth story! No rush! Take care of yourself and just remember the first 3 months seem to be the hardest but after he learns to smile and laugh time flys by!! Anita

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  I have been reading your journal since you were AOL's featured Journal.  

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS EMILY & KENT!!!!  I too figured that since you haven't posted, that Jon Kent was here!  Glad to hear you are all doing well.  Thank you to your mom for letting us all know!!  Can't wait to see pics of the peanut!!!