Tuesday, November 9, 2004

My doctor appointment

I had my 38 week doctor appointment today.  It went for the most part fairly well.  I gained 3 pounds (grr), tinkled in a cup, and got my blood pressure taken.  Everything came back fine.  The doctor came in and checked for the baby's heartbeat and it was 152 beats per minute which is also good.  He then went to measure my belly.  I should have been measuring around 38cm.  But instead I was measuring at around 36cm.  Which means Jon Kent has dropped about 2cm.  He said lets see if I can feel the head.  And sure enough he could.  I however am still not dilated one bit and only 50% effaced.  Which kinda made me a little upset and stressed.  I was hoping to have done SOMETHING, but I guess not.  He said that he will see us next week if not before...blah, blah, blah.

So, I am miserable.  My face has broken in some sort of rash...which is always pretty...  My legs have rashes on them and they itch, itch, itch.  And I feel like a bloated pig.  I am having contractions but apparently not any that are strong enough to do anything.  I guess I will start walking and doing all that stuff either tonight or tomorrow.  All I really want to do tonight is sit on the couch and stuff my face with M&Ms.  Which I am SOOOOOOOOO craving right now.  I have chicken and potatoes cooking right now...which smells good...but I rather have M&Ms. 

Kent and I went grocery shopping earlier.  We got a lot of good food.  Hopefully, it will last us until after the baby comes...that is if he comes in the next week and a half.  Hopefully, he will.  Anyways, I am off to find something to do...or something to eat....  Talk with yall later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post in my J!

Ya know what...I heard about the "itch" with pg women ready to pop!  
I hope he comes and meets the world soon!!  

((hugs))
~Dana

Anonymous said...

No matter what kind of rash you have you are still my beautiful little girl.  I will be so happy for you when you finally get to see the wonder child in your tummy.  He will come when he is ready.  We just have to be patient.

Anonymous said...

sounds like your gonna have a lil one soon....congrats
http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES