Tuesday, November 2, 2004

My 37 week Doctor Appointment

I had an appointment to see the doctor at 8:15am.  It went pretty well.  They called me back and weighed me (gained 2 pounds), I tinkled in a cup, and they stuck my finger.  Everything came back fine.  I then went into a room and Kent and I waited for the doctor to come in.  They took my blood pressure and it was good.  We then listened for the heartbeat and it was just perfect (156bpm).  I asked about my Strep B test and it came back negative which is good!  He then measured my belly and I was right on for 37/38 weeks.  Which means Jon Kent is still growing!!  The doctor then examined me.  I am still the same as I was Saturday.  Zero cm dilated, 50% effaced...BUT....thank goodness for BUTS....he said that when he was checking that he did feel Jon Kent's head.  So, that does mean he has dropped some from the -2 station that he was at Saturday.  Woohoo!!!  Everything went pretty well.  I have another appointment Nov. 9th.  I want Jon Kent here now, but I know it would be better for us as a family if he waited until the 11th or 12th.  That way we can spend Thanksgiving together.  We shall see!!!

After the doctor appointment I went and got my hair trimmed.  Nothing major.  Just got the dead ends cut off.  Then Kent and I went and voted.  I am sure you can tell who we voted for.  It's been a miserable day though...lots and lots of rain.  But the rain is supposed to bring MUCH cooler weather, so it will be worth it!  Anyway, that was my appointment and pretty much my day.  I hope everyone has a great Tuesday night/ Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ,I am starting to get so excited.It realy will not be long now! :  )
Jon Kent seems to be doing his part just fine !
Best of luck!