Saturday, September 10, 2005

FALL-ing into Saturday

I'm hoping to be able to get this whole entry in before my LM (little man) gets home.  He spent the night at my parent's last night.  If not, I'll finish up during a nap or while he is playing with his daddy...

I can't believe that it is starting to feel like fall already.  For the past week or so, it has felt so good in the morning time.  I have even been putting my windows up.  Which usually doesn't happen until at least mid October.  I am soaking it all up while it lasts.  Because I know Alabama's weather too well...it strings you along and makes you think fall is really here to stay and then BAM it's in the 90s again.  Oh well...I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

It is only 11:30am and I have already done so much--with the help of my husband of course.  I've got homemade beef stew in the crock pot cooking, I've cleaned my whole house (thanks to the wonderful help of my husband), and I have even gotten Jon Kent's baby books up to date.  I am currently washing clothes (which reminds me I have a load in the dryer that needs to be folded as soon as I get done with this), and I still need to go through Jon Kent's old clothes from last year.  I am putting them in a consignment sale at the end of the month.  So, I've done a lot so far today.  I think I'll enjoy the rest of the day relaxing and playing with my little man. 

Who by the way has another tooth cutting through.  This is number 5 for him.  It's his top, left, front tooth.  The other top one is trying to break through, but hasn't yet.  He actually has done well with those two teeth trying to break through.  Usually we have about a week of no sleep or at least not good sleep, but thankfully with these he has pretty much stuck to his regular schedule.  I am hoping he keeps it up.  He has been doing so well with his naps and sleeping and eating.  I'm hoping we have finally hit our groove.  I can't believe in 5 days he will be 10 months old.  Only 2 more months and he will be the big ONE!  It's amazing how one he hit 6 months old, the time just flew!  He is learning so much and growing like a weed.  I can't believe I have been a mommy for almost a year now.  And to think in two and half more months we will be doing it all over again!

Speaking of which.  I had another OB appointment yesterday.  It was for glucose testing and a regular 28 week check up.  I don't mind the glucose testing.  That drink that they give is pretty good if you ask me.  I know a lot of people don't like it, but I am a weird one I guess.  Anyway, I gained 9 pounds (yes you read that right) and my blood pressure was fine.  My iron is still low but it isn't as low so they aren't too worried about that.  My doctor (who is a man) informed me that I would lose my "girlish figure" if I keep up my weight gain.  I told him 1) that I have only gained 15 pounds so far for my whole pregnancy and that the norm is 18 at this point and 2) that I lost my "girlish figure" a long time ago when I got pregnant after only giving birth 3 months prior.  So there!  Anyway, Zoey is doing great.  Her heartbeat with 132bpm and she was kicking and punching all day yesterday.  I guess she liked that glucose drink too!!  I go back in 4 weeks for my 32 week check up and after that I go every 2 weeks.  So we are getting closer to the end!

Well little man just drove up with my parents so I will end this here!  Talk with yall later!  Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll come and give your doctor a swift kick in the rear!!  GEEZ!  You always look great, Em.  Glad everything is going well!