Thursday, October 20, 2005

Jon Kent update

We'll see how far I get with this entry.  Jon Kent is having a rare moment of not being attached to my leg so I'll get in as much of an update as I can.  Jon Kent is still sick.  So yesterday we put in a call to his doctor.  But I guess we called too late.  So, we left a message for them to call us first thing this morning and set up an appointment.  Well, this morning we got up and I was getting ready for my OB appointment that I had at 8:45am.  It was about 6:30am at this point.  Well, Jon Kent got up and he was coughing and coughing and coughing.  He then starts to throw up repeatedly.  Which was actually good because he was throwing up mucus.  But at the same time it was like he just couldn't stop.  So we took him to the ER.  They said he has "some sort of virus".  They gave us a RX and told us to follow up with Jon Kent's doctor tomorrow.  They also put him on a liquid diet for the next 24 hours.  He isn't eating much.  He took about 4-5oz of his bottle and will not drink any types of juice (pedilyte(sp?), liquidlyte(sp?), etc).  I guess he doesn't like the taste.  I guess I will just give him water (which he likes).  He doesn't have a fever and the doctor in the ER said his lungs sounded clear.  Which was what I was most worried about.  Hopefully my little man will feel better soon.  I called my OB doctor and pushed my appointment back until 2pm.  So I need to go and start getting ready for that.  It's an hour drive from my house, so I best get going.  Talk with yall later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the pedialyte popcycles, most little ones love this and it qualifies as liquid! I hope he starts feeling better soon. There's nothing worse than when your child is sick. I think it's the most helpless feeling in the world.

God Bless
Christy

Anonymous said...

Awww i hope he feels better soon
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I used to mix the pedialyte with a juice...usually apple...so they would drink it...hope he feels better soon!
Tracie