Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tuesday

It has been an alright day.  Nothing major to really talk about.  We all got up at 7:30am.  Ate breakfast and either watched TV or played in the floor.  Jon Kent started getting sleepy around 10:30am or so, so he had a bottle and took a nap.  Or actually we both took a nap.  We slept til 1pm.  I love being able to snuggle with him and get some bonus rest all at the same time.  But there is a lot of things I could do during that time as well.  The house is starting to lose it's "shine".  Since the cats have "moved out", I don't find myself cleaning as much.  Which is a good thing, because I really don't have to clean as often.  But I always just tell myself, "well it doesn't LOOK dirty, so it can wait until tomorrow".  Well, then tomorrow comes and goes and it still doesn't get done.  I end up getting frustrated at myself at the end of the day.  I am hoping he will start sleeping on his own soon.  I don't mind rocking him to sleep.  Just as long as he would stay that way.  Which he won't.  At least not right now. 

After Kent left for work, Jon Kent and I played for a bit and then headed into town.  Bills needed to be paid and I need a MUCH needed bra run to Wal-Mart.  I bought two bras while there and I am just hoping they fit right.  Also, I picked up another pack of diapers for Zoey and a head support thing for her car seat.  It was a nice little get away from the house.  I need more of those.  I swear I look at these same walls day after day after day.  And after awhile it gets old.

After the trip to town we came home and Jon Kent took about a 45 minute nap.  I sat there with him in my arms and watched the news.  He woke up and had supper.  Then I ate some supper as well.  Then we both sat in the floor and played for awhile.  Once I thought Jon Kent was playing well on his own, I got up to go wash dishes.  And would you believe...the little munchkin wouldn't play with me that whole time, but as soon as I get up to go wash dishes, his whole world falls apart.  LOL  So I then washed dishes with an extra weight on my right leg.  *sigh*  And it was a FULL sink to boot!  Oh well.  It got done and we both survived.

We then played for about another hour or so and then it was Jon Kent's bath time.  So we picked up all his toys and got his bed ready.  While the water was running for his bath I warmed up a bottle for him and turned the heaters in the house on (which are about to give me a nervous breakdown because I have to watch Jon Kent like a HAWK because he is attracted to the flame...just like his daddy....likes fire.).  He then got his bath and got his PJs on.  We had his bottle and I took him to his bed.  He cried longer tonight than usual.  But he finally gave it up.

I now sit alone...  I have read all my email, checked all my regular journal, and looked up all the sites I wanted to look up...  I could clean now, but it can wait until tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like me Emily....I'm always putting off cleaning...
It's kinda hard to do tho...cause my hubby is a clean freak
thank the lord he does alot of it....cause my cleaning wouldn't
suit him....i told him...We DO live here ya know...lol
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I am the same way. If it looks clean enough-do it tomarrow.
I had the same problem when I was pregnant with my 2nd and 3rd children. I was so tired from-well, being fat, and swollen and chasing other toddlers. (Mine are exactly 16 mon and 2 days between #1 and #2 and 16 mon. and 2 days between #2 and #3). I thought after I had them and got rid of some initial baby weight the energy would come back. You know like with my first. Boy was I wrong!!!!  Exhaustion kicks in pretty fast when you don't get to sleep all day like after the first. Because, you can't sleep while the baby sleeps (as dr.s say to do) when you have to be up by 7 or 8am with a toddler.  
I am so sorry that I have rambled on forever in your journal.
Cristina
http://journals.aol.com/kiplingcrissy/singlemomsjourney