Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tuesday

Oy!!  What a day!  Scratch that...what a last few days!!  Kent has been working the day shift (7:30am-4pm) since Sunday.  Normally I wouldn't mind that shift at all, but right now it's really, really hard on me.  I have Jon Kent all day by myself.  And that may not seem like a lot, but that little man is a hand full!!  He has gotten into this phase where he will not go into his crib for naps.  He just won't.  I have tried every trick in the book.  I will rock him to sleep and then try to put him in his crib.  But as soon as his little butt hits the mattress his eyes pop open and he SCREAMS!  I tried just letting him cry.  Well, he cried for 20 minutes and wouldn't give in.  So, I end up just holding him while he sleeps.  Which to many may not seem like much of a problem.  But Zoey is due in 6 weeks.  How am I supposed to hold two babies at once while they both sleep?  Or what if Zoey needs feeding and Jon Kent needs to take a nap?  How am I supposed to pull that off?  Jon Kent does fine going to sleep on his own at night.  I will give him his bottle and then after he is finished I will carry him into his room and lay him in his crib.  He will cry/whine for about a minute then he is asleep and usually sleeps until 6 the next morning.  I don't know what it is with his nap times though.  I am at the end of my rope with it too.  I just don't have any other ideas left.  I think I have tried EVERYTHING.  It's really frustrating.  Like I am not doing something right.  I used to be able to get some things done while Jon Kent took his nap...cleaning, washing, folding, ironing, quiet time, paperwork, etc.  But all that is put off until he is either playing by himself (which is rare) or up at his Granny's house.  Which is where he is at now.  I tell ya...being a parent is some seriously hard work!!  Who knew!?!!?  ;0)

On a lighter note: Kent, myself, and probably Jon Kent are going to go get his invitations for his Birthday party tonight.  We are going to try and get them sent out by the weekend.  That will give everyone roughly two weeks notice.  I think that is enough time...right?  The last of Jon Kent's presents from his mommy and daddy came in today.  We bought him a Tonka Truck, a Leapfrog "Tadpole", and a "Grow to Pro Basketball" goal.  ToysRUs was having a really good sale and we got all of that for like $65.  The UPS man brought his goal today and thankfully Jon Kent doesn't understand Birthdays or presents yet.  Or the UPS would have ruined the surprise!

In house news:  They were supposed to start framing the house yesterday.  But as of today, they still haven't been up there.  Which honestly didn't surprise me.  But I do which that they wouldn't say they are going to do something and then not do it.  I rather them just tell me they may or might start on such and such day than to just flat out lie.  Maybe tomorrow...

Well, I am off.  I got all my chores done with so now I guess I will hop in the shower.  Yall have a great Tuesday...or what is left of it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you make him a pallet in the floor?  I think he would like that very much.  He would be close to you and he might feel more secure.  Also, it might be the room is too bright.  Try covering the windows.  I have some quilts if you want to give it a try.  He is just a baby himself.  

Anonymous said...

Jon Kent will love his birthday presents!!!
Wow...6 more weeks...lil' Zoey will be here before ya know it
Hope u have a good week girlie...
Hugss..~Terri~