Wednesday, October 19, 2005

One of those nights

Jon Kent caught a cold from some where and started sounding stopped up yesterday.  Well, by the time bedtime rolled around he was coughing, his nose was running, and he was sneezing all over the place.  We gave him a bath and some medicine before he went to bed.  Around 1:30am he woke up and was crying.  I usually will let him cry for a few minutes just to make sure he really is up.  8 out of 10 times he will go back to sleep.  Well, last night he didn't.  So, I went in there and got him and brought him back into the bed with me.  After laying there for about 10 or 15 minutes I starting feeling sick myself.  Except, mine wasn't a cold.  I felt like I was going to throw up.  My whole body got really hot.  So, I got up which of course woke Jon Kent up and he starts crying.  So I go to the bathroom.  After thinking I felt better, I was going to go back to bed.  But Kent and Jon Kent were in the living room watching TV, because Jon Kent wouldn't go back to bed.  So, I got Jon Kent and told Kent to go to bed since he had to go into work at 7:30am.  Jon Kent and I watched some TV until he drifted off to sleep.  As soon as I stood up to take Jon Kent to his bed, his little eyes popped open and he was crying.  I at the same time started feeling sick again.  So, I had no choice but to just turn Jon Kent's mobile on and hope that he would fall back to sleep.  Which he did.  After feeling a lot better after by bathroom visit, I went back to bed.  It was around 2:45am at this point.  Well, I start having contractions.  And these weren't braxton hicks.  These HURT!  I am thinking to myself, "OK, these are just false labor pains.  They will go away in a few minutes."  Meanwhile, I go in to check on Jon Kent because I thought he was asleep.  WRONG!  As soon as my foot stepped into his room, his floor popped and his little head pops up.  So back into the living room we go.  He goes to sleep and I take him back to his bed.  Well, now it's around 3:15ish am.  I am still having contractions.  At that point I start to panic a little bit.  Not so much about the contractions, but the fact that I am no where near prepared for Zoey to come.  None of her clothes are washed.  I don't have her bed set up.  I don't have all the baby things gathered and organized.  I was just a ball of panic at that point.  Around 4:30am I finally fall asleep.  I was just hoping that when I did wake up, that I didn't wake up to my water breaking.  At 6:30am I wake up to Jon Kent crying.  So, I go into his room and get him and bring him back into the bed with me.  The poor little man is stuffed completely up and coughing.  He laid in the bed with me and fell asleep, but I couldn't because he was breathing so funny.  Around 7:15am Kent comes in there and kisses me bye as he was leaving for work.  Jon Kent was awake and ready to get up.  So we did.  I fed him breakfast and then ate some thing myself.  From 8:45-10:45 this morning, Jon Kent was in my lap.  Which he never does.  He rather be in the floor playing or getting into something.  But he was either watching TV in a little daze or asleep.  He actually only slept like 30 mins during that time because he would cough and wake himself up.  The poor little guy was just out of it.  He started feeling better around 11am or so.  So he took a bottle and we played and watched the news.  Around 12pm he got sleepy again so he took about an hour long nap that time.  He still woke up a few times because he couldn't breathe with his paci in his mouth.  Around 1pm he ate a little bit of lunch but not a lot.  He kept coughing and making himself gag.  And that pretty much brings us to the present.  I still have all my chores left to do and I need to take a shower.  I feel like I am covered in germs (which I probably am).  So, on that note, I will leave.  Have a great Wednesday everyone!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever commented in your journal, although I've been reading it for a few weeks now. If you don't have one, RUN and go buy a cool mist humidifier and some baby vick's rub. Also, steam up your bathroom (just turn on the shower on HOT) and sit in the bathroom with him, it'll help clear him out, and if he ever gets croup this will help as well.

Also, braxton hicks can truly hurt, HORRIBLY. With my 2nd pregnancy, I thought I was in labor, nope it was just braxton hicks!

God Bless and hope everyone's feeling better soon.

Christy  

Anonymous said...

Dang girlie what a night =(
I hope you both feel better soon
Wow contractions huh...better get Kent to put that baby
bed up soon...hehe...I am so excited for you ~ but i hope it holds off until you are ready.....Try to get some rest tonight
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

You hang in there Em... Try laying on your left side for a while or a hot shower, sometimes that will slow the contractions down.  If they don't go away soon, call the dr.  Hope all is well!
~Erin

Anonymous said...

I hope you BOTH feel better soon!!!
HUGS
Dana