Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Where is my house??

 

It has been a week since the contractors have worked on my new house.  They came by last Tuesday and put up some corner boards and some string.  Big woohoo.  I honestly figured they would be out there today putting in the foundation blocks.  But are they??  Nooooooo.  Maybe they will come out later today and start on it.  Although I seriously doubt it.  The man who we are going through said that there might be 3-4 days where no work is done.  Which I can understand because there are other houses being built.  But a whole week??  I mean really.  All they have to do is come out and put some blocks in.  OH, and last Tuesday when they were here, they only worked for like 2 hours.  They have maybe worked a whole 6 hours on the house so far.  And it has been 3 weeks!!  That is just ridiculous if you ask me!

On to another subject before I start having a hissy fit...

We went grocery shopping today.  We go every two weeks and buy what we will need for that pay period.  We usually spend around $200 or so.  But we got out of there only spending around $150 and I actually think we came out with more "useful" stuff this time around.  Not all that junk we usually buy.  Although there was still some "junk" hidden amongst the bags.  We also went and rented two movies from Blockbuster.  We still have a gift card from there that we got for Christmas I think.  And we got a great deal while we were there.  Or actually Kent did--Jon Kent and I were sitting in the car.  Since we went so early in the morning, the lady hadn't had time to change the codes in the computer, so we got two new release rentals for $2.99 instead of like $3.99.  And we get to keep them for a whole week instead of just two days.  Pretty impressive, uh!  LOL--yeah I need a more exciting life.  Anyway, I was proud.  The two movies we got were "Kicking and Screaming" and "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants".

Well, I am off to nap or clean or something.  The boys are napping as I speak--err type, so I may just join them.  Yall have a great day!!

No comments: