Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday mumble...

Kent called me last night around 8:30pm or so and told me that he was asked to work a double shift.  He was already working from 4pm-12am, so that meant he would be working from 12-8am also.  It has been a loooonnnggggg time since Kent has worked a morning shift.  But since it meant he would be off all day today, I'm was fine (but not happy) about it.  Jon Kent was staying over at my parent's house anyway, so I just stayed home and watched TV.  Around 1am I got sleepy, so I went to bed.  I slept OK, but not wonderfully.  It's hard to sleep once you are used to someone being right there beside you.  Anyway, Kent is home now--in the bed asleep.  I am to wake him up at 1pm so he can get dressed and wait for the furniture people to come and deliver our sectional.

Today is a Baby Shower for Zoey!!  A friend of mine is throwing it for me.  I really wasn't expecting a shower since Zoey is my second child and it hasn't been a year since I had my first.  But, my friend thought (and so did I) that with Zoey being a girl, that I did need some girl stuff.  Because right now all I have is blue in every shade.  The shower starts at 2pm.  I'm hoping there is a good turn out.

Well, I am off to find something to eat.  I haven't had breakfast yet.  I'll talk with yall later!  Have a great Saturday everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too can't hardly sleep when my husband is gone...but then there are times when i love to hog the bed all to myself too..HAHA....Hope u have a great time at the baby shower...and get lots of goodies...how exciting =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I hope ya have a great time at the baby shower and I hope ya get lots of baby girl things.  I can totally relate to not being able to sleep well when ya dont have your husband home with ya.  My husband use to be an over the road truck driver and night time was always the loneliest.  Needless to say I never got much sleep.   I love having him home with me every night now.
Have a great day.
Hugs
Angel
http://journals.aol.com/angelm0304/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Be sure to take pix of the shower! How exciting to go thru all of this again so soon! I know I tell you this all the time, but I'm jealous! :-)