Friday, July 30, 2004

My BUSY Friday!

Whew...what a day!  It started at 5:45am...  I was starting to think that I didn't have a 5:45am on my clock anymore...WRONG!  Surprisingly, it wasn't that hard to get up and get going.  I knew that I had places to be so I just sucked it up and took a shower.  At 7:00am Kent and I picked up Granny and Pops (his grandparents) and headed to Seth's (Kent's brother) state swim meet.  This was Seth's first time to make it to State so we all had to go watch.  He swam 50 yard breast and 50 yard freestyle.  He came in 8th in the state in breast and we "think" 9th in freestyle in the whole state.  We left before we found out his offical placement in freestyle.  After sitting in the HOT sun all day, we were ready to head back home, but we had to stop by the hospital first because Kent's cousin Chris and his wife were having a baby.  Well, they have been trying to have the baby since Wednesday but for whatever the reasons she only dialated to a 4 so they had to take the baby by c-section.  She was really upset that she had to have to the baby that way and honestly if I were her, I would have been upset too!  Anyway, about 45 minutes after they took her into surgery, they brought the baby up and she is so pretty!  We got to watch the nurses and doctor give her the once over and check everything out.  She wouldn't cry for them.  They jiggled her and poked her and she just wouldn't cry.  It was so funny!  She was ready though for her moma to get back because she kept putting her fist in her mouth.  She was HUNGRY!  But it was still going to be another hour or so before Courtney would be out of surgery and recovery.  So, we stayed for a bit but we were all ready to go home.  I hope they both are doing well and get to come home soon!  After the trip to the hospital, we came home and I took a short nap.  Then we mainly just watched TV.  Kent is already in the bed (he went to sleep at 9:30pm).  So, I am here by myself....talking to yall.  After seeing that baby, it made me want Jon Kent to hurry up and get here.  November seems sooooo far away!  But I guess I will just have to wait.  He isn't quite done cooking yet!  Anyway, that is all I have for now!  I'll talk with yall later!  Yall be good! 

No comments: