Monday, July 26, 2004

My Day!

Well, it has been a day for me!  All day I NEVER felt Jon Kent move...which scared the holy poop out of because he has been VERY active.  So, I call the doc and talked to a nurse and she asks me what all I have done to try and get him to move.  So I tell her, I have ate sugar, laid down on my back, jiggled my belly...etc.  Well, she then says well you need to come up here and get checked out.  This was like 3:15pm so I call Kent at work and thankfully, he was able to get off and go with me.  So we go up there...which is an hour drive.  The nurse told me that if I don't get there by 5:00pm that I will have to go to L&D (labor and delivery).  So on our way we run into a HORRIBLE rain/thunderstorm.  But we get there and finally they check for his heartbeat.  It was 169!!!  I was like whoa...so the doctor comes in and practically scares the holy poop out of me again by saying....well there is a heartbeat but if there was something else to be wrong with him there isn't much that we could do right now because his chances of surviving outside the womb are pretty much zero.  UHHHH this I know...but come on...don't tell me that!!!  So he puts me on "rest" not bedrest but rest for a week and I go back the 3rd to just make sure things are OK.  Which is when my regular appointment is anyways.  I've gained 3 pounds also, so I have now gained 11 pounds in all.  THEN as we were LEAVING the hospital the little guy starts moving.  It made me feel so STUPID!  I was like I feel like a total goober now!  Anyway, there is my update....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my little boy, already "tricking" his Mommy.  Join the wonderful world of parenthood.  

Anonymous said...

Never feel stupid for being cautious.  I've already made several trips to be checked because of various things and thankfully everything has been ok each time.  I've been told that it's just preparing us for a life of worry as a mother :o)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

It's better to be safe then sorry.  I would have done the same thing.  
Smiles..
Dana