Thursday, July 22, 2004

Vacation: Day Two

Sunday morning around 5:30am I woke up to one heck of a thunderstorm.  I don't think I've ever heard thunder like I did that morning.  I'm guessing the sound of the thunder just echoed over the ocean.  I shortly drifted back to sleep.  The room we were staying in that night was one my parents were also staying in.  To be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I thought it would be weird going to sleep with Kent and my parents be sleeping right next to us in the next bed.  It wasn't that bad.  Anyway, the bed we were staying in was MUCH smaller than the one we have here at home.  So naturally, Kent was rolling all over me during the night.  I had his elbows all in my back.  It was frustrating but at that time I was too tired to notice.  Anyway, around 9:00am we all were awake and just watching TV.  One of the friends who was also staying at the same hotel went and got us all some breakfast from Mickey D's.  We ate that and then Kent and I packed up and headed to the Summit to check in.  We got to the Summit and it was about 1:00pm.  We figured we would be able to go to our room by them.  But nope...it wasn't ready.  I was already frustrated because the lobby was PACKED full of people.  Mostly teenage girls who where apparently in town for a softball something or another.  Well, since we couldn't get in our room yet, we went back to my parent's hotel and threw on our swim suits and headed to the beach.  We still couldn't swim because of the red flags so we just laid on the beach and talked.  Kent and my daddy did eventually get in the ocean and played around for a bit.  After being on the beach for about 2 hours, we went back to the Summit and checked in and our room was ready.  By this time Lesli and Jared had arrived and we all unloaded our luggage in the room and headed back to the beach for a bit.  Around 4:30pm or so Kent and I got ready to go out with my parents.  Lesli and Jared decided to stay in and order pizza and then go grocery shopping.  On our way to the place to eat (Scampy's) we almost got in a car accident.  Apparently, one lane of traffic had stopped to let this car get through.  Instead of the car S L O W L Y crossing the road it decided to GUN it and try and get into our lane.  Just to give yall a visual, there was a turning lane that the car could have pulled into instead of trying to be all brave and just blindly driving into our lane.  Anyway, the car had to be INCHES from hitting us.  They slammed on their brakes and Kent swurve off the road to keep the car from hitting us.  Kent swurved so hard that it slung (is that proper English???) me into the side window.  I was OK and Kent was OK.  But it scared the holy crap out of me because I was thinking about the baby.  I just knew if that car hit us I was going to have to go to the hospital and honestly Kent would have probably had to too....but thankfully God was watching over us and protected us from that!  I just knew if that car hit us and Kent was alright that I was going to have to bail Kent out of jail.  Because he was like "are you OK...is the baby OK?"  He told me later that he thought about stopping and yelling at the guy who was driving the car, but knew it was better that he hadn't.  Anyway, we made it to Scampy's.  I tried some crab claws...not good.  I was craving and honestly still am craving stuffed crab shells.  But shhhhh don't tell Kent.  We then went back to the hotel and talked with Lesli and Jared and watched some fireworks.  Then to bed....nothing too exciting yet.  Mostly relaxing...the good stories come on Day Three...so until then....

                                                to be continued....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your almost accident.  I'm happy the 3 of you are safe.
~dana