Friday, December 31, 2004

2004

2005 is almost here.  Many things happened in 2004 that will always stand out in my mind.  Here in my 2004 in review:

January was a busy month of running tests on why I had miscarried two times in the previous 6 months.  It was pretty stressful and tiring to not know what was going on.  The doctor finally decided that it was the fact that I had low progesterone.  He ordered me on clomid and told Kent and I "no baby making for Feb."  Well, Feb. came and we had really great Valentine's Day.  Kent made me dinner and it was all and all a really great day!!  Feb. 25th (lol) Kent and I didn't listen to the doctor's orders and we did some baby making.  Little did we really know that Jon Kent was conceived that night (giggles).  March 14th, I figured I might as well take a pregnancy test and see what comes up.  It was positive and I thought I was going to be sick.  I told Kent and he turned white.  The only thought in my head was that we were going to lose this baby too.  March 16th Kent and I celebrated our 2nd year of being married together by going to the doctor's.  Their test came back positive as well and they tested my progesterone and it looked good.  I was put on 2 pills of progesterone a day to keep it up.  April came and went and for the most of it, I was sick.  The pills that I was taking were making me very tired.  I slept for most of the day.  May came and I turned another year older...the big 21!  Woohoo!  It was also the day that my friend found out she was pregnant!  We have great timing...don't we!?!?!  Growing up we always wanted to have our kids grow up together too.  It was neat to have her pregnant with me!  Kent also celebrated being at his new job for a year.  It was good to get that year in for him.  It meant a nice pay raise and job security!  June came and went and I was feeling much, much better!!!!  It was summer and it was HOT!  But I managed to get through it...LOL!  July came and we as a nation celebrated the 4th.  July 6th we found out what our baby was going to be....BOY, BOY, BOY!  We were excited to finally be able to call the baby...Jon Kent!  We also took a vacation to Florida with my family and then some friends.  July 28th Kent celebrated being another year older as well...the big 23.  August came and went.  I can't recall much happening that month.  September came and Kent and I took another vacation with his family.  We had a good time.  I also had two baby showers during the month of September.  One thrown by family and the other was thrown by friends.  I got a lot of stuff and they both were a lot of fun.  October came and for the most part we were just trying to get things settled and ready for the baby.  November...whew...November was a busy, busy month.  I started really having contractions during the first few days of Nov. but nothing that was progressive.  Then on Nov. 13th I was really having them and Kent and I went to the hospital.  As soon as we got there they slowed down and eventually stopped, but my blood pressure was up...but they sent me home anyways.  As we were driving home, my contractions started again and for the rest of the night they came and came and came...  Sunday, Nov. 14th, I was feeling pretty bad from the lack of sleep.  So I decided to walk and see if I could get them going more so I could go back to the hospital, but they only stopped after I started walking.  That night I tested my blood pressure and it was pretty high.  I called the hospital and they told us to come and get checked out.  So we did...and the rest is pretty much history.  The next morning I was admitted into the hospital to have Jon Kent.  And at 5:05pm I gave birth to a precious 5lb 8oz little boy.  We got to come home on the 17th, Jon Kent's original due date.  We got to celebrate Jon Kent's first Thanksgiving too.  It was a rough first few weeks, but we got through it.  December came and Jon Kent got to celebrated his first Christmas.  Although he slept through most of it.  It was a good time....it all and all was a good year!

So, that was my 2004 in review.  I hope next year brings everyone many fun times and many great memories!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Emily!

~Dana