Thursday, December 23, 2004

Oh baby!

Line of Stars

Jon Kent is in one of those moods.  He doesn't and I mean doesn't for whatever reason want to latch when he is nursing.  So, I end up pumping (which if you do it enough HURTS) out 4oz which takes me an eternity to get out!  *sigh*  I get frustrated because he will just sit there and cry with my boob (yes Daddy I said boob) in his mouth.  It's frustrating!!  It wouldn't be so bad if I could pump out more than 4oz at a time.  Because it takes me 30 minutes just to get that out and then I feed him, then I have roughly one hour and 30 minutes to do whatever before I have to start the process all over.  If anyone has any tips, just let me know. 

Line of Candy Cane

Well, only 2 more days til Christmas!  I am really glad that it's almost here.  It has seemed like in the past week, the time has slowed down.  I'm looking forward to spending time with family (even though my husband has to work) and seeing Jon Kent experience his first Christmas.  But I am also looking forward to 2005.  During 2005 my little boy will learn to laugh, talk, crawl, walk, etc.  I can't wait to see it all happen!!!

Line of Candy Cane

Well, I need to go.  I need to figure out something with Jon Kent's feedings.  Yall be good and I'll talk with yall later!

Line of Stars

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use Lansinoh before you pump...all the way around your nipple, especially the part that gets sucked up into the pump.  Also, I don't know if you're using an electric or a manual...but make sure the suction is turned down to its lowest setting before you start and then turn it up.  Lastly...you may need a better pump (once again, I don't know because I don't know what you're using).  I splurged and got the Pump In Style and I'm able to pump an ounce a minute!  Good luck and keep us updated.

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

I used herbs alot during pregnancy & during nursing to aid with milk production & letdown.  Make sure you get plenty of liquids & tons of calcium b/c so much goes into the milk.  I used to let my baby nurse one side & pump the other side cuz letdown was so easy. (takes help frm another person tho).  If you pump often, you need to keep it up as greater the demand, the more the production!  --my babies are lactose intolerant & @ the time of nursing I didn't know (allergy tested l8r) & all the milk & yoghurt I had gave them fits.  Also any spicy foods or preliminary teething problems.  Both mine had colic & fussed also.  Just some thots from my experience.  If you want to contact me via e-m: pelicanskl.  Hope this helps & don't give up! It is so worth it!  Karen