Thursday, December 9, 2004

Good night

Well, after all my complaining and what not Jon Kent surprised me and was a VERY good boy for me tonight...so far!  He only fussed long enough to get my attention and once he got it, I picked him up and he was fine.  I guess he just wanted to cuddle.  He slept for about 2 hours after Kent went to work.  So, I got to take a shower (AND shave my legs...woohoo!) wash dishes, actually BLOW DRY my hair, and watch some of my shows.  He woke up for his feeding and was being a very happy baby.  He did throw up ALL OVER himself and it would have been ALL OVER me as well if I were holding him at the time.  It was A LOT!  His pedi and me are going to have to have us a chat about what is going on with him.  He may be gaining weight and all that great stuff, but for him to be throwing up STILL and in LARGE amounts is by no means "normal".  But that is still a week away.  It will seem like forever before it gets here.  I'm worried that he has something really wrong with him...that may require surgery.  ACK!!!  Anyway, after he threw up I went and gave him a bath that really tired him out.  By the time I got his clothes back on and him wrapped up in a blanket, he was out!  I was amazed.  He went to sleep so fast that I didn't get to give him his acid reflux medicine (which doesn't really seem to be working).  I guess when he wakes up for his next feeding, I will have to give it to him then.  But for now, I am going to enjoy the peace and quite that I have now.  Anyway, that is all for now!  I'll talk with yall later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure is growing fast! He is such a doll baby!  My little girl was VERY fussy for the first 3 months.She was not a good sleeper either!And they had me feeding her every 2 hrs. to start because she was not even 5 lbs. at 38 weeks.SO she had no body fat-It was pure hell!I would be so tired and I could not stop crying.Some of it was baby blues.But if you go weeks without decent sleep you do pay for it.I Prayed alot!I wish I could tell you some words of wisdom, but honestly I was in such a daze that the time is just a bad blur now!I do not think this is a problem for you but my biggest problem was my dh would not help.I would beg,scream ,plead, nothing worked...I would pump the milk and it would just sat in the fridge.He could not even give her a bottle.I say if you are up at 3 am watching movies, why can you not give her a bottle!?I regret to this day that I let him stay.I should have kicked him to his mommys house- I did take her riding in the car alot.Even in the middle of the nite!And praying helped alot!

Anonymous said...

There will be good days and bad... just take comfort in knowing in a few years, they will all be a blur... :)
Jennifer
http://journals.aol.com/jen73169/Ramblingsfromoffthetopofmyhead/

Anonymous said...

Praying for more good days and nights!  :)  Enjoy the good and bad times with that little man of yours.  He's so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
    I read your journal quite often but have never really posted. Congrats on your beautiful baby boy. I was just going to let you know that both of my kids spit up so bad after every feeding and not just once or twice we are talking like 10-15 times till next feeding. The docs gave me acid reflux medicine that did not work. They changed them to every kind of formula till they found one for babies that spit up which was called Enfamil A.R. and it WORKED so good. It has added rice to it basically thickens it up. I cant remember if you are breast feeding but if you are talk to the doc if not then get that formula or make it your self by getting rice cereal and putting some in the bottle shake it and make sure it will come through the nipple as it is thicker and even sometimes clumps but hey its worth it. Hope that helps you.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you have had some wonderful times with the most marvelous and beautiful baby in the world.  Tell everyone else how wonderful he is.