Tuesday, December 7, 2004

One of those days...

It's been one FUSSY day with Jon Kent.  He has been pretty fussy for a few days now.  But today has topped them all!!!  I would feed him and he would go to sleep, so I would try and put him down...well he would wake up and cry and cry and cry.  He was turning his face purple from crying so hard.  I would try and talk to him but he would just cry harder, then I would try and snuggle with him but he would cry harder.  I would change his diaper and for a brief, brief moment he would calm down.  But as soon as I would pick him up from his changing table he would start crying again.  So, I would feed him again...he would fall asleep and I would once again try and put him down....and then the cycle would start all over again...*sigh*  It's very frustrating and heartbreaking all at the same time.  I would try and settle him down but nothing I did would work so I felt rather useless and like a bad mother that I couldn't soothe my own son...another *sigh*  He is now in his bouncy seat, but it only worked for a short time as he is down fussing again.  Thankfully I had Kent home all day to hand him off to when I couldn't handle it anymore.  The only time I actually felt like a good mother was this morning, Kent and I decided to take a nap while Jon Kent was sleeping...as soon as we laid down Jon Kent started crying so I went and got him and we both laid down on the couch.  He fell asleep in my arms and stayed that way for almost 2 hours.  It was really rewarding.  Anywho...enough with my venting and what not.  I did get some cleaning done.  Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.  Nothing huge or by any means an *Emily cleaning* but it was enough to make me feel better!  That for the most part has been my day.  Kent is going to go to Blockbuster in a minute or two and grab some movies for us to watch tonight.  I'm actually looking forward to it.  Anyway, that is all for now.  I'll talk with yall later!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when my youngest was a baby and she was soooooo fussy. I can relate to feeling like a failure but I finally started believing my mom when she said she just needs you to love her through it. I'm glad to find fellow Bama girl in j-land!
Jennifer