Saturday, December 18, 2004

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas

Last night Kent, myself, and Jon Kent all went over to Kent's Granny's for that side of the the family's Christmas.  It was a lot of fun.  But Jon Kent cried the WHOLE time.  And I mean the WHOLE time.  I personally believe that he has a piece of my personality where he doesn't like to be around a lot of people.  I hate being around a bunch of people that I don't know.  And right now all these people Jon Kent doesn't know.  Because as soon as we got him home, he was fine.  We gave him a bath and I fed him and he was out.  But while we were there...he wasn't having it!  People kept passing him off to other people, so I am sure he was overwhelmed and just couldn't take it anymore.  Anywho, Jon Kent got a bunch of clothes, a blanket, and a piggy bank.  Kent got some tools and a fleece pull over.  I got some money and some PJ's.  It over all was a good time.  Now it kinda feels like Christmas has already come....

I have a slight cold.  I've had it for over a week now.  It flares up at night the most.  Usually while Jon Kent is getting his one of two night feedings, I am wiping my nose the whole time.  And then in the morning my eyes itch and burn.  But by the afternoon I am fine.  It's weird!!!  Thankfully so far Jon Kent hasn't caught it nor has Kent!  I'm hoping neither of them do either!

The weaning of Jon Kent seems to be going fairly well.  He is taking to the bottle pretty well.  I didn't realize though that I would kinda (and I do mean kinda) miss feeding him.  I just kinda miss the closeness of breastfeeding him all the time.  But I don't miss the fact that I felt completely tied down.  I'm enjoying the fact that Kent can give him a bottle or someone else can.  I'm sure we will both do just fine!

Well, that is it for now.  I need to go clean up my house.  It's about to drive me crazy!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having trouble with allergies...especially the burning eyes part...talk to your doctor when you go back and get him to get you something  you can take while you are still breast feeding...