Saturday, December 18, 2004

Thank goodness for parents

What's that I smell???  Pledge and windex and bleach, OH MY!!!  Yes, that is right.  My house is clean, clean, clean, clean, clean.  And when I say clean, I mean "Emily's HIGH standards" clean!  Woohoo!!!  I called my parent's this afternoon and asked if they could keep Jon Kent and they said yes, so they came and got him and I cleaned the house.  It felt sooooo good!!!  Yes, I am crazy...but yall should have known that by now!!!  I got two loads of laundry done.  I believe I would have gotten more done, but the timer on my dryer has seemed to have died...and I have just figured it out today. *sigh*  It will be OK.  Nothing a little timer from Wally World can't fix!

Did yall hear about that lady who was killed and her baby was taken out of her womb???  How sick are people??  From what I read the lady who did it had lost a baby earlier and decided to take that lady's!!!  So sad!!!  And they met online too!!!  I understand the hurt that comes from losing a baby...but no amount of pain could drive me to kill another person and take their baby!!!  It's just sick!!!  I pray that all families involved will be able to get through this.  I couldn't imagine having to deal with it all!!!

Well, one more week and Kent will be working a new shift at work.  He has been working 4pm-12am Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and then 2pm-10pm on Saturday and Sunday.  Starting the 26th he will be working 7:30am-4pm.  There are like two days that he will be working 6:30am-2:30pm.  But I forget which ones.  It will be nice having him home at night with me.  But I will miss the fact that he won't be able to help me as much during the night.  He has been getting up with me most nights and helping change the diapers and getting me comfortable while I breastfeed.  Once he knows Jon Kent and I are fine he will then go back to bed.  But once he starts day watch, I know he won't be able to do that.  Maybe Jon Kent will start sleeping through the night soon and we won't have to worry about that too much.  I can dream can't I!?!!?!

Well, I am off again.  I'm over at my parent's right now and mymoma has made soup...YUMMY!!!  Yall be good and bundle up...because it's getting COLD outside!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I just love the pics of the baby in the stocking! My wee one was born on Christmas day, and her baby pic from the hospital is her in her stocking. I love the fact that on your free day....YOU CLEANED! A woman after my own heart! LOL....I, too, was sickened by the story of the woman who was slain for her baby. Such a horrible story! I love it when my mom makes soup....it always tastes better when 'mom' makes it! Have a great night! ;o)