Friday, December 19, 2003

We're back! Part One

We'll we are back.  Yes, it is like 8:45 in the morning and we are back.  It was to say the least an adventure.  Let me just start from the beginning.....

All day yesterday I just had a feeling this trip was going to be either a really good one or a really bad one.  I knew there was no in between.  So, we get there about 4:15 or so and get our keys to the cabin.  Well we start up the mountain and we can't find our cabin.  Well we finally find somebody who worked in the park and they took us to our cabin.  We get there and it's this beautiful cabin.  I would highly recommend it to anyone.  Anyways, we get in the cabin and after checking everything out Kent goes to the car to get our stuff.  About 30 seconds later we comes back and tells me he locked the keys in the car.  Well I thought well I got my keys in my purse.......my purse is in the car.......crap.  So, Kent goes back out there to try and pick the lock while I try and call someone to help us.  Well, no phone.  So, I go back out there and tell Kent.  Well, he comes back in and is like there isn't a phone????  So, we realize....whew....cell phone.  So get on it and call my dad...but he is still like a hour and away and the place where we wanted to eat closes at 8 and this was like 5 by now...and we still had to take showers and get ready.  So, Kent calls the front office and tells them the problem.  They call the park rangers who come out and spend like 45 mins trying to pick the lock to our car.  WOOHOO...they get it.  So, Kent thanks them and they are on their way.  We hurriedly(is that word?) get dressed to go eat.  Well, I try to open my car door (passenger side) and it won't open.  We are guessing due to the lock picking that our locks are now messed up.  So I have to enter and exit out of the driver's side.   

No comments: