Tuesday, May 11, 2004

My doctor update!

2 days until my birthday!!!!!!

 

Well, I am back from the doctor.  Woohoo...  We get there and he comes in and says that everything checked out great in my blood work except my blood count was a little high.  They like for it to be around 42 and it was 50.  He said that this could be because of dehydration but he went ahead and ordered more blood work.  So, then he gets his little doppler thing out and is searching for the baby's heartbeat....nothing.....searches some more...nothing...by this time I am thinking oh crap...so he looks at me with that look of "OK, can't find it..."  So he sends for me to have an ultrasound.  So, we get in there and the lady is looking for the baby and viola there s/he is.  The heartbeat was at 162 and the baby was moving around all over the place.  I cried more at this visit then I did when we first saw the heartbeat at like 8 weeks.  It was so cute.  The tech. said that the baby must have wanted to be seen...I was like yeah.  It was sooo cute.  We saw little ribs and a little spine.  It looked so much more human.  Just too cute.  So anyway, we go back to see the doctor and he told me that I could come off progesterone if I wanted...but I am going to stay on it one pill a day for a few more days.  But he said my placenta has taken over now so it shouldn't matter.  Well, then he sent me to get blood taken for my blood count and that was about it.  I'll post pictures later...when I find time...lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that things are going so well for you, Emily!  Wow 162, sounds like a boy to me!!
Smiles..
Dana