Thursday, June 17, 2004

Can't eat, can't sleep, can't poop, but we got a car

The past 24 hours have been "interesting".  We got up and went out car shopping again.  We found the car we wanted, but we just had to get the price where we wanted it.  We are getting a Honda Element.  Not the cutest car in the world but the inside is HUGE and nice and the ride is so smooth.  We got one dealership saying one price so we went to another and ended up getting $1500 taken off the first price.  So, we feel like we are getting a good deal.  We go tomorrow to sign papers.

Well, right now I am debating on whether or not to take another iron pill.  I have been taking them for about 2 weeks and now it's come to me not being able to poop...AT ALL.  VERY FRUSTRATING!  I took a laxative almost 8 hours ago.  And it was supposed to work in 6 hours.  The bottle said that if it doesn't work in 6 hours to "seek medical attention".  Uh-ok..so what do I do...go to the ER or call a nurse and say.."sorry to bother you, but I can't POOP...can't you help me with this?"  How embarrassing would that be?  So, here I sit...afraid to go to sleep for fear the poop fairy will fly in my window and rudely awaken me.  But I need to sleep.  I just don't know what to do.  I can't eat anything, because frankly I don't think I could fit anything else inside my colon.  UGH!  Iron pills...who thought of that idea?????

BTW, 18 days until my ultrasound!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOLD you what iron pills would do for you!!!!!!!!  Eat alot of fruit.  That always worked for me.  I was afraid of a laxative.  You might ought to call the doctor.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!
~Dana

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

Oh that's cool you're getting a Honda Element. It's a cool retro boxy car and I LOVE Hondas!!!!!

Oh gosh...I feel your pain about the not pooping part. I am constantly constipated! Oops too much info! I have no solution. I usually just eat stuff that will make my tummy hurt and you know the rest. Like ice cream, watermelon, soda, and eat it all the same time and that will make the tummy rumble! But you shouldn't do that since you are pregnant....hmmmm....did you call your doctor yet?

Smiles!
Vincci