Friday, June 11, 2004

The Last Good-Bye

                               Picture from Hometown

                                           Ronald Reagan

                                               1911-2004

The funeral service in Washington today was very moving, and I thought well presented.  All the speakers gave great speeches on the life of Ronald Reagan.  It was so moving to watch Nancy take it all in with such grace and handle everything so well.  As the speakers were giving their speeches you could almost look at Nancy and tell that she was reliving all the times "Ronnie" and herself shared together.  Tonight as the last good-bye is said at the burial, I find it fitting that Reagan wanted to be buried at sunset.  To show that his life was now over and done.  I pray for peace and comfort for the Reagan family. 

           

                                 

Pictures Courtesy of AOL News and  PatricksPlace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice journal.   I enjoyed reading it.  Good luck with the new baby coming!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed by your respect.  I was so young (5 to 13) during his presidency.  I loved him unconditionally because he was my president.  I knew no politics.  

For someone so young, you are genuinely patriotic... we need more of you in our country.
~Erin

Anonymous said...

Just found your journal.  I am enjoying reading it.  I too thought Nancy took things with great grace and handled things well.  And I thought Ronald Reagan was a great president and did much for the country and the world.
Krissy  http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink