Wednesday, June 2, 2004

Productive Day

baby_suck_on_pacifier_md_wht.gif

Well June 2nd was a very busy day!  It actually all started the night before when we brought all the baby furniture home from my parent's house.  We decided we were going to put it all together.  So around 11:00pm we start.  The first box we come to was the dresser....we should have picked another box...  We open the box and the first thing we notice is none of the peices are labeled.  Well, we still figured we could figure it out with the instructions.  So, we get everything laid out and Kent asked for the instructions..."I don't have them...."  "Well, I don't either..."  Grrrr....  NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!  I searched through the box atleast 3 times with no success!  So, I sheepishly look at Kent and say "I think we can do this just by looking at the picture..."  Words I should have never uttered!  Well, we start.  After a few angry moments and a bunch of eye rolling, we completed the dresser at 2:00 in the morning...except for the door that wouldn't hang level.  So, we give that up and go to bed.  Eight hours later we are back up.  We start back to the furniture around 11:30am but this time we call in reinforcements....  DADDY!!!!!!!!  He comes over and in less than 2 hours he and Kent put together the cradle, the changing table, and the crib, AND he fixed the crooked door!!!!  WHEW!!!  It's done!  So now all we have to do is make this room a cute little room for our baby....  After all that excitement I wash clothes and dishes and clean up the mess made by all the furniture's boxing.  I then took a nap and watched Kent play a little PS2.  We then had supper which was beef stew...yummy!  After supper we went over to my parent's so Kent could tan.  We also had ice cream from Sonic (hot fudge sundae for me) and talked for a bit.  Then we came home.  Kent is currently on his PS2 and I am playing around on the internet.  I guess our next move is to go to bed...  So until my next entry...yall be good and I'll talk with yall later!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny about no instructions!!  Good thing for reinforcements!!!
~Dana