Thursday, August 12, 2004

Lights went out, cooler weather, and OLYMPICS

Well last night was a looooong night!!!  Or should I say early this morning...  Anyway, last night Kent and I rented two movied from Blockbuster and watched those.  They were "50 First Dates" and "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton".  They were both pretty good movies.  Anyway, about 12:30am we called it a night and headed to bed.  Well, around 2am or so our lights went out.  It was weird how it happened though because they blinked like twice and then finally went out.  At the time of the power outage, there were no storms, so it was kind of weird.  THEN I started seeing this flashing light that appeared to be coming from the kitchen.  I figured a fuse blew or something.  So, I woke Kent up (thankfully he wasn't at work or I would have really been freaking out) and got him to check it out.  The flashing light ended up being our carbon dioxide (sp?) detector.  You never notice the flashing light when the lights are on...lol.  Anyway, after that a thunderstorm blew through and we went back to sleep.  I really couldn't get comfortable because the AC was out and it was getting kind of sticky.  Finally, at 8:45am our power came back on.  The problem ended up being a power line had fallen behind Kent's parent's house who live right up the road. 

The weather here is definately NOT summer weather.  But I am by no means complaining!  I believe the temp. is around 78/79.  NICE!  It's cloudly out and there is a nice breeze blowing through!  It's because of tropical storm Bonnie.  The west side of the front is cooler and that is what we are getting.  With all this nice fall like weather, it makes me want Fall to hurry up and get here already!

So, tomorrow night starts the OLYMPICS!  I believe it starts at 7pm central time.  I can't wait!  I'm really looking forwarded to the swimming and diving competitions and the gymnastics!  The rest I don't really watch all that much...but either way...GO USA!  I hope we bring home the Gold in many of the competitions!

Well, that is all for now!  I guess I will go and watch some of my BB5 Live Feed!  Yall be good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have freaked out if that happened to me, and John wasn't home!  I'm already freaked out by being home alone every night, lol.
Every little nose gets my attention, lol.

~DAna

Anonymous said...

OOHHH I LOVE BIG BROTHER!
THE WEATHER HAS BEEN BAD HERE IN SC TOO!

KATHI

Anonymous said...

Cute Journal! I like it! i look forward to looking at other entries!
~Laura