Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My Tuesday

Today was an alright day.  Nothing special.  Kent got off work early, so he was home by 7am.  We had breakfast together and we both went back to bed.  I honestly NEEDED to go back to bed because at that time I had only gotten like 5 hours of sleep, BUT when I got up at 10:30am I felt awful.  I felt sluggish and lazy and just awful in general.  I had my quiet time and then worked out for about 30 minutes or so.  I had "planned" on not eating too much chocolate today because for whatever reason, I haven't been able to really control myself when it comes to chocolate and I know that 1) it's not good for me nor the baby to just eat and eat and eat chocolate and 2) it just feel fat and piggish when I eat too much chocolate.  On top of all that it gives me indigestion (another joy of pregnancy).  I did "fairly" well, but still didn't do as good as I wanted to.  Hopefully, tomorrow I will do better and really get a good work out.  I just wanted to feel "good" again about my body and get into some form of good physical shape.  ANYWHO...tonight, Kent and I went to childbirth classes.  We learned different techniques of how to breath and relax.  It was very informative.  She taught us the deep slow breathing, and the "he, he, he" breathing, how to focus inwardly or outwardly on an object to take our "minds" off the pain (yeah right).  But all and all it was pretty good.  We learned reasons for c-sections and how to deal with it.  I learned that the cut they make for the c-section isn't that big (roughly 4 inches) and is right on the bikini line.  I was pleased to see that they don't do the huge cuts anymore.  Anyway, that was basically all that we did tonight.  Next week we get a tour of the birthsuites.  I'm really looking forward to that.  Anyway, it's about my bedtime and since Kent is off I finally have my sleeping buddy back...YAY!!!  So I'll talk with yall later!  Be good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HOPE THAT YOU FEEL BETTER TOMORROW!

KATHI