Friday, August 27, 2004

A view on the Olympics

I'll start with the USA basketball team.  I have to hand it to the ones who "actually went".  They tried their hardest I'm sure.  It was however extremely embarrassing.  USA has always had the "dream team" and was always dominate in the sport of basketball.  But unfortunately there are some NBA players who were "too afraid" to go to the Olympics.  Can we say...CHICKEN is more of a correct word than afraid!  It really rubbed me the wrong way when many of the players decided not to go.  I find it extremely unpatriotic and cowardly.  They rather sit in their million dollar homes and act all high and mightly instead of get out and play for their country.  I hope people look at "those few" differently when the NBA comes back on and start its season.  I know I for one will look at them differently and shake my hand in shame everytime I see them!

Next would have to be the women's 4X400m relay.  How sad!  I really felt sorry for all the women who were involved in that.  They were sure to have the gold and yet one small mistake cost them the race.  Marion Jones has had a tough year with all the "rumors" of enhancing drugs and then not getting a medal.  But in a post race interview she held her head up and gracefully answered all the questions that were asked of her.  Hopefully, things will look up for her in the future!

Why I like synchronized swimming is beyond me!  But I do!  America has really done well in all the events of the synchronized swimming.  They got a bronze in the team event today.  Which was really great.  I think their "outfits" are so pretty!

I'll just say ouch on these....

   

Well, that is my view of the Olympics for today.  Yall have a great weekend and GO USA!

 

 

No comments: