Wednesday, October 27, 2004

He's getting own my *nerve*

Yes, I said nerve and not NERVES.  Jon Kent is laying on a nerve in my right *hip* area.  Whenever I stand up too fast or for too long he always seems to find that nerve.  It HURTS!!!!  For all I know, it could be a *type* of contraction.  Because everytime I read something else on contractions, I discover a *new* contraction...tightening of the stomach, menstrual cramp, back pain, etc.  Who knows! 

Today Kent and I were looking at the calendar.  We were trying to see when a *good time* for Jon Kent to come.  Yes, we know he will come when he wants to come, but we were just trying to figure some things out.  Kent plans on taking 2 weeks off of work once Jon Kent gets here.  I want him to be off for Thanksgiving and Kent wants to be off for the Auburn vs Alabama football game.  In order for this to happen, I can go in to labor no earlier than Nov. 11th.  So, if that were the case and I DID go into labor that day, then that is only 15 days away!  Exciting!!!  But, he'll come when he wants to come.

Well, Kent is currently getting ready to go to work.  He'll be leaving in about 45 minutes.  Then I probably will start washing clothes and take a shower myself.  I cleaned the house earlier today.  So, my night is pretty much free to do whatever.  I am thinking about going to Wally World and picking up a few things.  The Lunar Eclipse is also happening tonight.  I hope I remember to watch it.  It starts at 9:14pm central time.  But watch...it will be cloudy. 

Well, that is all for now!  I'll talk with yall later!  Yall have a good one...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had that type of pain with both of you.  It does hurt, I'll give you that.  Just pat his little bottom and he should move.  You both always did.
I would always lay down and pat.  It would soon quit.
It won't be much longer.
Love,
Gramsie

Anonymous said...

I may spell this wrong, but it sounds as if Jon Kent is camping out on your sciatic nerve.  It is a great big nerve that runs down your back and splits off once it gets to your legs and then runs down each.  My baby Jonah was ten whopping pounds and was permantly attached to mine.  It can cause pain in your bottom, as well as pain in your legs, usually one or the other leg, though.  Changing positions may help, but if you get down on all fours, and let your belly hang, it will take some pressure off temporarily at least, though you may look funny ;)  I learned about that in nursing school.  Let me know if it helps!
~Erin

Anonymous said...

Erin, I believe I have heard that before!  I knew it was a common thing to happen.  I just never knew how bad it would hurt...lol!  It seems like the bigger he gets the more he likes to play on it!  But it usually only happens when I stand.  Thankfully, he hasn't learned to play on it while I am sitting or laying!!!

Anonymous said...

My son would lay on that nerve and I would lose the feeling in my left leg and not be able to walk right for awhile. And I am going to guess Nov. 9th as the day Jon Kent comes into the world  : )
Tracie