Tuesday, October 26, 2004

*~*Hummm*~*

Today was my 36 week appointment with the doctor.  From now on I will be going weekly.  YAY!!!  My next appointment is Nov. 2nd at 8:15am.  Hopefully with weekly appointments the days will go by a bit quicker.

Today's appointment was VERY, VERY, VERY uneventful.  Not that I really wanted an eventful appointment.  But *SOME* excitement would have been nice.  I get there and they call me to the nurse's station to tinkle in the cup and get weighed.  I gained ZERO pounds.  Was really hopefully to have lost some pounds...but I'll take what I can get.  Anyway, I get into my room and the doctor comes in and tells to me undress from waist down and tells me I will be getting my Group Strep B swab test done today.  He looked over to Kent and said something along these lines, "we'll be getting a swab from her vaginally and a swab from you rectally."  LOL.  Kent just kinda laughed...  Anywho, the doctor came back in and we listened to the heart beat..it was 159bpm.  I was measuring right on 36 weeks.  And here is the kicker...NO EXAM!!!  He just took the swabs and THAT'S IT!  So, I have no clue if I dilated any or effaced any... *sigh*  I guess there is always next week...  I am still having braxton hicks/contractions...whatever you want to call them.  Now, they are kinda in my back.  The best way I can describe the back pains is like this...it's like someone is pinching my kidneys.  Well, that was my appointment for today.  Nothing else special really happening.  I'll talk with yall later!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes Drs. do not exam you like you want them too.Some women do not want to be examed, it is too uncomfortable, so i always told the Dr. i need to know what is going on so please examine me.I felt like I really could not go over 40 weeks and if my body was starting to get ready it was a good sign and i wanted to know!LOL! I  went at 38 weeks with both.DD was induced -
Time is flying by!Good luck with everything!