Saturday, October 16, 2004

I knew it would happen...

So, I knew it would happen.  It happened to my brother and I just knew it would happen with Jon Kent.  But I didn't know it would happen BEFORE he even got here!!!  His name is not Jon or Jonathan.  His name is JON KENT.  BOTH names.  Yes, we are southern and yes he has TWO names.  My brother's name is Jon Paul.  People call him Jon or Jonathan or JP.  But for me...his name is JON PAUL!  I am not being mean by any means.  But its just weird to hear people calling Jon Kent, Jon.  It just doesn't *feel* right.  In my mind since the day we found out we were having a boy...it's always been Jon Kent.  The End.  *sigh*  I guess I better just get used to it....

Auburn is currently playing.  They just started about 15 minutes ago.  They have already scored a touch down!  Woohoo!  War Eagle!!!  They are playing Arkansas.  Hopefully, we will win this game too.  So for we are 6-0.  So that is good! 

So, what have I done today?  Let's see...  I made Kent and myself some lunch.  Then while Kent got ready for work, I loaded the trash up to be taken out and started cleaning the house up a bit.  Then Kent left for work at 2pm and I finished cleaning the house.  After cleaning the house, I worked out for about 40 minutes.  I then went outside and took care of my flowers that are in my *fall decorations* on the front porch.  I swept the front and back porch.  I have started washing clothes.  I still have 3 more loads to do.  Now, I am just watching the football game.  I'm probably fixing to go hop in the shower real quick because I have plans for tonight.  Anyways, yall be good and I'll talk with yall later!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those closest to you will call him Jon Kent, but alas there will be a few stragglers who will for whatever reason call him Jon...I gave birth to a Jeff Lewis, who is now a Jeff...and the Scott I gave birth to is now in most places a David....:) It is frustrating at first but you will learn to live with it....:)

Aunt KK

Anonymous said...

Hi, yours is one of the journals I read, I hardly ever respond though.  BUT... This one hits home with me.  You just have to constantly reiterate to people...... Jon Kent, Jon Kent, Jon Kent!  My sons names are Joshua and Zachary.......I had to tell their teachers to stop with the Josh and Zack. I tell them, if I wanted a Josh or Zack, I would have named them that.  I have been called Chris a lot, I have to tell them Christine please.  Good luck dear.  It's just my two cents!  :)