Sunday, October 10, 2004

Itchy, Itchy

 

:::::::::::::::::Types and Scratches:::::::::::::::::::::

I am seriously itchy.  It has been going on for a couple of weeks now.  And from what I have read...there is no cure.  Well, there is a cure but that cure is delivery this baby.  It's some sort of side effect of all the hormones circulating in my body.  Some women itch ALL OVER until the day they deliver.  Some only itch in certain spots.  Some don't itch at all.  Well, for me...it's my legs.  Well, anywhere below my knees.  Taking a bath only makes it worse....shaving has become a nightmare (for many reasons, ie: can't bend over...itching legs...can't see them all that well..you get the idea).  There are no bumps on my legs nor is this a rash.  It just simply itches!  There is no lotion that will satisfy my legs or creams or drugs.  I just simply have to scratch.  BUT...I've also been told..."DO NOT SCRATCH YOUR LEGS.  IT WILL CAUSE SCARING!"  Great.  Atleast I don't have stretch marks...yet.  So...anyway...  Today was the typically Sunday.  Church, Granny's to eat lunch, kiss Kent as he leaves for work, etc. etc.  But today I had a baby shower to go to.  It was for Kent's cousin's wife or Granny's brother's son's wife.  Either way...it was family...they came to mine...so we went to their's..kind of thing.  It was actually pretty fun.  We played games, ate, she opened gifts, etc. etc.  Granny (goodness knows I love her) was talking to her sister and they were talking about how "I didn't look as big as someone who is 8 months pregnant."  Which I find great pleasure in hearing...until....  Granny says...Emily was tiny to begin with so instead of getting big all in her stomach...she got big all over....ACK!!!!  My heart sank to my toes.  I know she meant it in a good way....if there is one....but my heart was still in my toes.  Even more of reason to hit the treadmill as soon as it is OKed by the doctor.  UGH!  But atlas I digress.  After the shower, I came homethrew a load of clothes in the washer and took a nap.  Then I watched "Mean Girls" on DVD.  It was OK...but nothing to break down the doors at Blockbuster to rent.  I then had some supper and I am now fixing to go fold the last load of clothes.  YAY!  Kent should be home in about an hour and we will probably just watch TV until we go to bed.  I am going shopping with my moma tomorrow morning.  Kent has a doctor's appointment.  So we really don't have "plans" to do anything.  So, I guess that's it from my corner of the world.  I'll talk with yall later!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily I know how you feel!! About a month before I had Braden I broke out in this rash ALL over my body that itched like crazy. I went to the doctor and they called it "the rash of pregnancy". Like you said there is NOTHING that helps! Have you tried the oatmel bath? That kinda soothes it for alittle while or atleast it did for me. Hope you feel better.
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Use Aveeno.  If you don't want to go buy it call me and I will buy it for you.  They have creams too.  Let me know my little one.