Friday, March 12, 2004

South Beach Diet

So tonight I bought the South Beach Diet book.  And so far it has been some pretty interesting reading.  From what I have read so far it has tons of benefits.  It would work for all types of people.  Those wanting to lose 10 pounds or 50 pounds.  I'm looking forward to diving right in and seeing how it works.  I don't want to lose a ton of weight or anything but I do want to maintain a good healthy diet and with this "diet" you can.  I'm actually looking forward to starting it come Monday.  I'll let yall know how I do.  Kent is also doing it.  There is even a section on diabetes in there.  I am at that chapter right now, I just haven't read it yet.  Anyway, Kent has diabetes and we were worrying how it would affect him.  So, I will see as soon as I read that chapter.  I'm hoping he can do it too though.  I think it would be easier if we both did it together.  I'm just hoping we can stick with it.  I'm going grocery shopping Sunday and picking up all the needed "supplies" for the next two weeks.  I'm hoping this works!!!!!!  Well, that is all for now...I may be back in a few hours writing something crazy and off the wall....cause it seems I am pulling an all nighter because Kent is working....well later gator!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT diet! Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I bought the book too, but I never really got into the recipes. I just stuck with things that I liked to eat; things that were ok to eat while on. I'm on day 4 on of the first 2 weeks...and this is what I normally eat:

Anonymous said...

beef, chicken, fish, pork, peas, string beans, corn, salads, tuna fish, peanuts for snacks, cheese sticks, eggs, breakfast meats, etc. Once I was in phase 2 I added in a few things. But I never returned to eating potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. I have a bad habbit of weighing myself every morning. I lost another 2lbs! You're gonna love this diet!
~Dana