Saturday, October 25, 2003

Breastfeeding...

BREASTFEEDING???  You may ask...don't you have to have a baby to do that?  Well duh!!  But I was thinking into the future.  I have always planned to breastfeed my child.  The question for me was always how long.  Would I do it for 6 months, or a year, or two years?  Or would I do it until the baby got on solid foods.  My question probably will not be answered until I have a baby to  "latch on" and start the natural process.  But still it's good to do research on the topic and get ideas on what to do and how its done and so forth.  There are a lot of benefits to breastfeeding.  Some I've never heard of.  But I was reading another woman's journal and she has on there 101 reasons to breastfeed your child.  I'll have to get the link on my favorite websites.  It's very informative.  It's a lot of reading but still you have ever thought about breastfeeding your children its a must read!  I don't know what brought me to write about all this...just thought I would.  Have a good night....umm...day...umm whatever it is when you read this!  And enjoy that extra hour of sleep.....night all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great! I just want you to know that if you ever have any questions about it, you can always ask me and I'll do my best to answer them. Breastfeeding isn't always easy, but having the right support helps a lot. You sound very motivated, and that's the first step. You've just made my day, Emily!