Monday, January 26, 2004

Diets

Today I went to water aerobics and as usual I was extremely tired by the end of it.  After the class is over I usually swim a few laps and wait for all the other women to shower and get dressed.  During one of my rests between laps I was in a group of women all talking about dieting.  Have you ever noticed that everyone seems to think they hold the secret to the perfect diet?  Today I heard so many different diet ideas.  One diet went something like this:  A glass of milk for breakfast with a vitamin that is for weight loss and then a slimfast bar for lunch and something healthy for supper.  Another one was:  Cutting all breads and sugars out of meals and eating smaller portions.  Then you have the all famous Atkins diet.  A few people were on the slimfast plan.  And most of the people in the group were just trying to watch what they eat and exercise.  I think most of these diets are good ones.  I think it starts getting sad when you starve yourself of food.  And what people don't understand is when you starve yourself of food your body isn't getting the minerals and nutrients it needs.  And in fact starving yourself can lower your metbolism which is what burns fat in the first place.  What is my diet you ask?  It's not really a diet.  I just trying to eat right and exercise first thing in the morning.  That way my metabolism is up and running at a faster pace.  I love to eat yogurt for breakfast and sometimes a glass of milk.  For lunch I try to keep it light.  A low fat turkey sandwhich with some water.  For supper I just cook what I want to eat that night.  Nothing too heavy but enough to where I'm not wanting to snack the rest of the night.  That's another thing, snacking will always get the best of you.  It's OK to snack on fruits and veggies between meals but after supper most people bring out the chips and things.  On the weekends I try to just reward myself by taking those two days off.  Not over doing it, but not focusing so much on sticking to a plan.  Cause if you do that for too long you will get burned out.  And when you get burned out...you give up and you gain weight.  Well, that is all for now.  I still have many things to do on my Monday "To Do List".  Later gator! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your diet plan. it sounds like a winner!
So sorry about your miscarriages! I have had several and they hurt the heart so bad. Keep trying!!!! I wrote a letter to my last miscarriage baby. I'll give you the address to read it. Go to Hometown MLRHJEH ( My Life in a Family) It was written on Oct. 29th. First journal entry.
Congrats on being a pick and keep writing!

Other journal site is

http://edit.journals.aol.com/mlrhjeh/WatchingMySisterDisappear