Friday, January 9, 2004

My thoughts

As you know I have been reading a book called "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.  So far it has been an awesome book.  The main theme of the book is trying to find your purpose for you life.  Cause God has given us all purposes to be on this earth.  So anywho, I was reading today and I came across this one section where it was telling that we all go through tests in our lives.  That God tests us everyday.  He doesn't tempt us but He does test us.  So, I started thinking that the miscarriages that I have gone through are tests that God has given me.  He wants to see if I will lean on Him in my time of sadness.  In the book it was saying that, "You will be tested by major changes, delayed promises, impossible problems, unanswered prayers, undeserved cristicism, and even senseless tragedies."  These are all things that everyone has experienced.  You may be thinking..well this God of yours doesn't seem to be a loving God.  But oh how wrong you are.  Through these tests I grow, I learn, I become a stronger person.  With every test I pass I am rewarded with great riches in heaven.  And God also promises me something that only He can give.  "God is able to do far more than we could ever dare to dream of, infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes."  Going through a miscarriage is something I would never wish on another person.  But since I did have to go through two myself I  know that the dream I had with both of those babies will be far surpassed by what God has instore for me when I do finally get a baby here on earth.  I will forever love and miss my babies who have already gone to heaven, but I'm excited to see what God has instore for me.  With every test passed comes great rewards.  Let's all pray we pass the test!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily how TRUE! Isn't that book AWESOME! We went through it at our church! It is a blessing. Take care honey...you WILL have a baby one of these days down here on Earth I just know and his brothers/ sisters will be waiting at the gate when that glorious day of redemption for His children comes.

GOD BLESS!
Sebrina (TTC BUDDY)