Monday, February 9, 2004

17 1/2 laps

17 1/2 laps make up one mile at my local rec center.  Well, I did 35 laps so that would be 2 miles that I walked today.  And whew, am I tired.  After my two miles I ran steps for about 5 or 6 minutes.  And then drank my water and headed to water aerobics.  Sometimes I think that working out is for the birds.  But after it is all said and done I feel so much better.  It's not so hard for me to start working out.  What is hard is not giving up in the middle of it.  Around like lap 7 I was OK that is good enough for today.  But once I got to 17 1/2 I was feeling pretty good.  And then around lap 22 I was like well, I walked a mile...that is good...but I made myself finish.  No offense to any "older" person reading this....but while I was walking there was about 5 or 6 other "older" people walking.  And I was like....if they can do it...I can do it.  So I walked on...after finishing my 2 miles I was sooo happy that I kept going.  It felt good to do something good for my body.  Water aerobics went by pretty quickly, so I was seriously happy about that.  No nakes ladies were seen today....trust me...I wasn't disappointed!  The rest of my day was laying around.  When I got home I was just sooo tired.  I layed down and took about a 30 minute nap.  I am still tired now, but I want to be tired so that when it's time to go to bed then I will be more than willing to go.  After I get off of this thing, I am going to hop in the shower and get dressed and ready to go with Kent to get his hair cut.  Like I said yesterday, I am going to see what Melissa thinks about the whole coloring the hair idea.  Hopefully, it will be pretty when it is all said and done....eek...I hope so.  Well, that is all for now!  I'll talk with yall later!!!!  BYEEEE!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I couldn't run half of what you do! Good job!! Thanks for wishing me a H&H 9 months (7 now, hehe) my first appt is this Thurs. and I heard that I will not be able to get an ultrasound until I am 3 months. (so sad) but I will ask anyhow.
I will keep you posted on what happens!!
Smiles..
~Dana