Sunday, February 15, 2004

UGH!!!

Not a good start to my day!  I got up this morning and everything was fine.  I went into the spare room to turn on the computer.  At the same time I was looking around for a CD and the case to go with it.  Well, I ran across a package that was addressed to me.  I thought "well this is funny...why didn't Kent show this to me?"  Well, as I started looking at it...I realized it was a box of Similac..which is baby formula.  The company sends out two cans of free formula to all new mothers...around the time of their due date.  At first I wasn't upset...I was just taken back by it.  Then the more I thought about it the more it sunk in the whole reality of what was happening.  Now I am just sick to my stomach.  But I am going to try and see the bright side of this.  That maybe someone I know needs that formula.  I'm trying not to let it upset me too much.  But I still know deep in my heart that if things went the way we all thought they would, I would be a mother right now or at the very least a huge, swollen, about to pop pregnant woman right now....  But in the end I know that God is in control and He knows best...I just have to keep telling myself that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
You will be a wonderful mother one day. Sometimes things happen in life for no good reason at all. It took me since 7/02 to get pregnant. To be honest, I never thought it would happen. Have you gotten any tests done yet? Let me know when you do!
Smiles..
~Dana

Anonymous said...

Emily, I know what you mean! I went through a miscarriage on November 21 (after TTC for 5 years) and just last week received my first issue of Baby Talk. (Which I subscribed to the week I found out I was pregnant.) I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your journal daily and that I will be praying for you!

~Heather